The forecast isn’t that great on Sunday, but for those hardy sorts we have two rides available for you to prove that a little bit of damp won’t stop you from getting your cycling fix.
10am start, 34 miles with a fair bit of climbing to keep warm
10am start, 22 miles
As always, we begin from the Rose and Crown in Ivinghoe. We always welcome route suggestions so please do send them in via the website.
This week, we have four rides on offer, 3 on the road, and one off-road on mountain bikes.
9am start, 54 miles on the road
10am start, 38 miles on the road
10am start, 15 miles on the road
10am start, off-road adventure with some of the Pitstone and Ivinghoe MTB group
(route to be decided on the day)
We depart from the Rose and Crown at the times stated above.
Three routes to choose from, for a Sunday that is forecast to be dry for a change.
9am start, 50 miles
10am start, 37 miles
10am start, 20 miles
One of our New Year’s Resolutions for the club is to ride better together in groups. A few of the following tips will help towards that –
- Keep an eye out for the rider immediately behind you – if they start to drift off the back, please call to the lead rider to easy off the pace a bit until they can get back on.
- Ride a maximum of two abreast and single out when on a narrow lane.
- Look out for potholes and call them out or signal a warning the rider behind you. The roads are in a terrible state at the moment due to the recent cold weather spell so this is more important than ever.
- If you feel strong enough, take a turn at the front of the group.
- Bring a copy of the route with you.